What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War and Peace Revival

It seems a lot of people are going to give it a miss this year and try the new show at Paddock wood where the old war and peace show was. I have been told its because the Folkstone war and peace event is now going in for agricultural vehicles and not the military side of things. Not sure if that's the case but that's what's being said since last year.

It's been easier to find willys jeep parts than decent ordnace items there for years me thinks

Been there today and was quite suprised how many dealers were there but mostly setting up.
Not sure how the other shows at Beltring and the combined opps at Headcorn are going to work as both on same weekend and ursel show in Belgium.

Last edited:
I'm going to be there Wednesday and Thursday, just spoken to my brother who lives in Dover and he mentioned that public parking is not in the field next to the stalls but on the other side of the site. A long way to carry any heavy items, not good. I do think some of the changes might just prove to be its undoing, but lets see.

I'm going to be there Wednesday and Thursday, just spoken to my brother who lives in Dover and he mentioned that public parking is not in the field next to the stalls but on the other side of the site. A long way to carry any heavy items, not good. I do think some of the changes might just prove to be its undoing, but lets see.

The car park is a long walk so if you plan on buying anything heavy I recommend taking a trolley with you.

Dave.

Wail!!! I wish I had the money and a private jet to haul the goods home, but alas I don't. Who was the proprietor of this dream scape?

Iv looked around and the pickings are very slim else where, lots of rust from European dealers not so many visitors so far but the weather's playing a part and the organisation with parking and layout not good

Thanks Dave. Pretty much what I thought it might be like. I wouldn't have done well in that heat yesterday. Hope to see you and all the usual suspects at the Military Odyssey next month. Cheers, Tony.

I take it the slim pickings are for grenades?...seeing as you are both grenade collectors,there seems to be a lot more and better, other ordnance items there this year...skippy has some nice big stuff on his stall,the German guy from the Munitionsgeschichte und Technikmuseum has got a lot of rare and hard to find stuff there also.

Yeah the car park was a ball ache carrying the new additions back to the car!

That's good news Tony. Is the car park on hardstanding now ? Hope to catch up soon, cheers, Tony.

Last edited:
Congratulations on this show.
The penalty are customs, they do not know appreciate all they are only irons and history ..... :(
This is the Europe of equality?

I agree with tony there is stuff there you just need to walk around got a 6 pr APDS of the german fella for 25 quid Bargain and nice to see price stickers on items so you get it at the same price as the next guy !!!

Apart from Ben/John Rocks/Skippy/Steve Mcgregor, Armin Bickel had some nice scarce items for the shell collectors - as usual I had trouble finding his stall but got there in the end.

The great thing about a show like this is there really is something for everyone. Those with little to spare can get any amount of dug items and those with fatter wallets can spend some serious money. Then of course there is catching up with all those like minded individuals. A good day out and highly recommended.

Dave.