What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War and Peace Show 2012 18th-22July Pictures

millsbomber

Premium Member
As mentioned in another post here is a picture of what i found at the show this year,,,,,, Dave

HPIM7613.jpg HPIM7614.jpg

Some nice bits you picked up there Dave, I particularily like the case in picture one!!! (if it is what I think it is) nice find!!

Thanks also for the update on the 'other' not so good find - great to see the seller gave a full refund - and lucky you were so close to be able to return it. Maybe some new collector/ day tripper may not have been so fortunate and it may have now been sat pride of place in their collection, noone none the wiser.

Thanks for showing the pics

regards Kev

Hey Dave, Not bad ! that Aussie No 69 looks like a nice one, good markings. Did you see the No 2 with a fake handle, 380 ! A No 3 with no base piece or rod, 300 ! A Gammon for 845 !!!! not to mention a couple of Sticky Bombs and Hawkins grenades, did not bother to ask the price, as I am sure I have seem them all before. Needless to say I didn't buy any of them.
I was slightly tempted with a really nice Russian WW1 sqaure box grenade, in lovely condition but trying to keep it British these days.
Not a bad show though, was better than I expected.

You will know this Dave but for the benefit of anyone unfamiliar with the carry case for the Sticky Bomb (top of picture 1) it is worth point out that it is extremely uncommon (I hate to use the word 'rare').
... and then there is the one marked DUMMY which is, you can't avoid it, rare.

Good find.

Tony, I did not see the No2 / 3 i see one Gammon like the one i have in the collection with no markings, glad i did not ask the price as i would have had a heart attack, i see one Hawkins from a french dealer but i was not happy with the top plate but im not as sharp on the other WW2 grenades like i am with the mills, even if it was a good example i would not have paid the 475 he had on it.
The Aussie No69 was my best catch im starting another thread about them.
The det tin was another good find but really bad price but i have perhaps another home for it
Sticky Grenade box (30) has had a hard life but in going to get it glass blasted and have a go at making the internals, i will be looking to some one else for the paint and stenciling as art was not my best subject at school.
Two new base plugs for the collection from a very friendly dealer who allowed me to take the two bases from dug examples he had and all i had to give him in return was 3 of my spare plugs, that's how i really like to collect.
The Gas Check is one i have not seen before

HPIM7622.jpg HPIM7625.JPG HPIM7626.JPG
With the mud and rain at the start i still had a good time and met up with old friends and made some new ones, got these little trinkets in the process
......... Dave

Gerald . That's one of the M63 series of Belgian frag. grenades from the 1960's onwards. Mike

Hi All,

I had a great time on Friday at War & Peace, finally meet Waffy & Ben as well as lots of other people new & old. Didn't get as much as I thought I would have but am happy anyway.

Web Beltring 2012 01.jpg

The 2 Hayricks need some spare parts and a bit of welding, I will sort them in slow time. Still looking for some (well a lot really) of safety clips for my growing collection of C3 Elsie's.
All the Best.
Richard

Hi Richard,
Looks like a nice little haul you picked up this year, worth the long trip up for us west country folk, thank you for posting a picture, some good looking items.
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Weasel, It is a long old drive from this part of the country, only had the one day at the show in the end as the boss decided that we needed to take a detour (shopping for baby stuff for daughter, baby's due in October) on the way home, which meant that I didn't get back for the Saturday morning as I was planning. The boss has decided that she is not going next year so I may camp on site for 2 or 3 days, to make the most of it. I'm happy with what I got and the things I couldn't find I will pick up during the year or at next years show.
All the Best.
Richard

Hi Weasel, It is a long old drive from this part of the country, only had the one day at the show in the end as the boss decided that we needed to take a detour (shopping for baby stuff for daughter, baby's due in October) on the way home, which meant that I didn't get back for the Saturday morning as I was planning. The boss has decided that she is not going next year so I may camp on site for 2 or 3 days, to make the most of it. I'm happy with what I got and the things I couldn't find I will pick up during the year or at next years show.
All the Best.
Richard

Hi Richard,
At least your boss let you go!, theres always next year... maybe the year after.....
Still, you had some nice finds and i've been attempting to make a pair of saddles. Happy days
Cheers
Gary

anyone know who this dealer is at W&P - British guy, beard and glasses, he is always on a table at one of end with a load of other European (Belgian??) inert ordnance dealers? sells mainly Brit grens, fuzes, cartridges?

I think your asking about Steve McGregor, i dont have his tel number but may be another member can help,,,,,,, Dave