What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War surplus clock !

Chris 42 RQ

A friend of mine has had this clock for many years and I finally got to take a few pictures of it-you may find it interesting.
A friend of the owner of this clock also has a similar version with a non chromed shell, so I will try to get some pictures of that in due course.

This particular clock was the "Master" timepiece controlling all minor clocks in a Hospital in the Ascot area until about 15 years ago when the Hospital was demolished.
It is amazing where Ordnance turns up !

This clock is in perfect working order.

Attachments

• 75 mm A.JPG
    75 mm A.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 75mm B.jpg
    75mm B.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
French 75mm ????

Hi Waff I am thinking that it is a First World War French 75 mm HE as it appears to have an adaptor at the front end and was originally solid at the base.
Sadly I did not have time to make any measurements other than a visual asessment.

Hi Chris
Thanks for making time to show this very interesting thread, it would be nice to know the history of the company, when we removed the master clock from Harrow hospital (which is now a gated housing estate)it wasnt nearly as interesting .

Details to hopefully follow.

Next time I go to my mates house I will try to get further details on the clock Steve !

It was interesting to know that another local person also has a similar clock ! that I will also pursue.

Hi Chris
i wonder if a small local clock maker, used surplus ,components to make these clocks,The German radio company Grundig started after the war using surplus German radio valves, in their domestic radios.

Nice clock Chris, very interesting.
I'll have to make sure I check the clocks out in future :tinysmile_hmm_t:
Dave.

Clock face.

Steve you requested more information on the clock.

My mate has sent me a picture of the clock face-so you will now have the makers name.

Attachments

• clock 1.JPG
    clock 1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
Strange things

Nice clock Chris, very interesting.
I'll have to make sure I check the clocks out in future :tinysmile_hmm_t:
Dave.

Dave you would be surprised where Ordnance turns up, I once went to a company in Cornwall who dealt with "China clay" and in the corner of a workshop was a huge compressor stood on what I think were 5.5 Inch projectiles with rubber mounts screwed into the fuze well-if I only had a bigger bag!
I did take a picture but like so much of the old 35mm film it has not survived.