What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you reccon?

gothica7

Premium Member
I have a small Mills gren display on the Welsh Dresser near the Rayburn. Basically it shows all the Mills variants, from the No 5. No 5 rodded, through all the No 23s, WW1 36, WW2 36, Mk 2 and a sectioned gren with a No 20 thrown in for good measure. All previously the rodded grens were laying flat but a couple of days ago i drilled a bit of 4 by 4 and stood the grens in it. Quite an improvement i think and makes for a pretty good display. I am considering replacing the wood with a drilled log. What do you think?

Also added a couple of No 5 brass plugs for nothing other than they hold a couple of eggs well whilst i wait for the water to boil.

Andy

Attachments

• My Mills display.jpg
    My Mills display.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 92
looks good mate. i hade a similar wooden stand made to display all my rodded grens. much better than having them layed down.
paul.

Hi gothica 7,

I agree with Paul, much better than laying flat.

Is this a trial run before you remove the pottery and drill into the shelf of the dresser itself?? lol.

(not suggesting you do this!!!)

regards
Kev

A beautiful display Paul. Also Andy you have to explain us the history of those eggs on your shelf. Are they from WWII? :angel:

I think that chicken looks a bit tired!

John

Are you surprised John, its the first eggs its laid in over 30 years and i ate em this morning.

Thanks for your comments guys, i reccon its well improved the grens sticking them in a bit of wood.

Your rodded gren collection looks fantastic Paul, ime a little green around the gills mate, well done.

Andy

On a more serious note Andy, its good to see a nice display with a theme of 'development'. A nice idea. Well done mate.

John

Great display Andy, it really looks so fine. The Mills is such a major piece and they're well presented...Dano

Cheers John & Dano,

i just thought it would be nice to show the Mills 57 years of development from a 1915 gren to one from 1972. Its actually quite a talking point for any visitor who hasnt seen it before. Most havnt seen a gren as such, let alone handled one which of course they all want to do. Sometimes i have a job convincing people they are real.

Andy