What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have we here??

MG34NZ

Hi Guys,
Fuzes are not really my thing,Im more into Grenades so I have no idea what the pictured fuze is. I was given it last evening and it was found in a dusty corner of a garage in town.

No119 B Mk1 N.Z 5/C are all the markings I can see.

Any advice on what it is and what it fits would be fantastic

Cheers
MG34NZ

Attachments

• grenades 092.jpg
    grenades 092.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 72
  • grenades 091.jpg
    grenades 091.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 79
  • grenades 090.jpg
    grenades 090.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 63
The 119 was a point detonating fuze used with the 25 pounder gun.

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for the info Andy and thanks for the positive comments Chris.

It was a bit of luck this was saved and an interesting little story...a blokes Widow found two of them in the shed last week after her husband passed away, she recalled that he had recovered them from their neighbors shed when he had passed away. She had no idea what they were and thought they may have been pluming fittings,plummer didn't know what they were and sent her to an engineering outlet who didn't give any indication to what they were they sent her to the Police who didn't have a clue and sent her to a mate of mine that thought they may be from a bomb or projectile so she was only to happy to be rid of them after having tried so unsuccessfully to off load them all day.He in turn decided he would give me one as hes such a decent chap and has the other stowed away in his collection of oddities so both are now safe and sound and best of all identerfied.

regards
Andrew/MG34NZ

How do you know they are inert?

John

Well my mate completely stripped them before I got to see them and then pieced them back together again...lost one small spring in the process so lucky for him they are inert

Regards
MG34NZ

Cracking good find. They're probably WW2 vintage. Any dates on them?