What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I did this week....

LCplCombat

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
Ordnance approved
I have just got home from a 2 day (4 days including the traveling time) Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (OME) (Awareness) course at the Defence Accademy at Cranfield University at Shrivenham. The last thing we did was an Explosives demo. It was the usual Firepower Demo sort of thing which will have been a first for most of the course attendees. Detonator in a 5 litre paint tin, .5 kg PE4 on a pole, 20m det cord stretched between two poles etc. The last thing we did was conducted inside a building for safety reasons so we didn't see the actual bang. The instructor had set up the 3 bangs before hand using a diamond of sheet explosive to cut a steel rod, imprint the shape of a leaf on a sheet of metal (using the Monroe Effect) and a copper cone shaped charge to demonstrate how a HEAT round uses the Monroe effect to penetrate armour. He left us alone while he finalised the charges and when he came back he asked if anyone would like to volunteer to set the charges off. My hand went up before he stopped speaking. I got to blow sh*t up!! Great fun.

Nothing more exciting than feeling the pressure wave. Makes you talk like a pirate.

Rick

Most exciting thing i did today was to construct some pipe boxing with my nail gun! Want to swap jobs ?
Hangarman

Oh poo,and I thought driving a furniture van was exciting,Good on yer mate,nothing like a nice big bang to end the day,
Regards and envy Don,

The most exciting thing happened to me last Sunday afternoon. Fell leaving my back door[no, not under the influence of anything] banged my head, blood everywhere. Spent 3 hours in casualty and had 7 stitches in my head plus a mega headache. Stitches now out and now have a long stripe on my head. At least i will be able to show people the scar where i had my brains removed.:wink:

The most exciting thing happened to me last Sunday afternoon. Fell leaving my back door[no, not under the influence of anything] banged my head, blood everywhere. Spent 3 hours in casualty and had 7 stitches in my head plus a mega headache. Stitches now out and now have a long stripe on my head. At least i will be able to show people the scar where i had my brains removed.:wink:

Last sunday ?! Ha ha ha, just on time for Halloween !!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha

Yoda

A couple of shots from a recent demo where I was replicating the effects of what would have happened if the shoe bomber had been successful.

Attachments

• shoe1.jpg
    shoe1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 17
  • shoe2.jpg
    shoe2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 17