What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is REDDY FOX?

EODGUY

I found three related drawings for REDDY FOX initiators and I cannot find anything on ordnance with that program name. The second initiator I am not sure was called REDDY FOX because the title block is so light I cannot read it all, but it was with the other two drawings and is very similar. They only made 100 of the first initiator and 10 of the second according to the drawings so I doubt the program was ever adopted. Anyone heard of it?

Attachments

• Reddy Fox 1.jpg
    Reddy Fox 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Reddy Fox 2.jpg
    Reddy Fox 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Reddy Fox box.jpg
    Reddy Fox box.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 55
Reddy Fox

Bob,

I think it was a 'link charge' type system. I have a brief note on it somewhere.

Norman

Reddy Fox was a top secret training program in the 80's to cut down on the allied causalities if the cold war escalated. Not a lot is known about the program although there is one training photo known to exist where one is practicing shooting Russian hats.

Attachments

• 20071221_Fox_hunting.jpg
    20071221_Fox_hunting.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 56
Reddy Fox was a top secret training program in the 80's to cut down on the allied causalities if the cold war escalated. Not a lot is known about the program although there is one training photo known to exist where one is practicing shooting Russian hats.

HaHa! that's funny Charlie :bigsmile: That sure is one "Ready Fox", he bagged a few Russian hats already! The top secret training has been very effective. Thanks for sharing this very rare photo.

Thats not the kind of ready fox I like to find.:tinysmile_classes_t:tinysmile_classes_t:tinysmile_classes_t