What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this fuze, RCA marked, on gunbroker

Gspragge

Premium Member
Is there anything special about this ?

Attachments

• DCP_7255.jpg
    DCP_7255.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DCP_7256.jpg
    DCP_7256.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 26
It is the upper portion to one of the early VT fuzes. Probably pre-1950, it is missing the electronics and the entire lower body, but the RCA sticker is a nice touch. Anytime you find a factory sticker on some of the early pieces it ties the history in nicely, adding to the historic feel of the piece.

Nothing, just like everything else. Keep that in mind and decide on what it's worth to you, you'll be a lot happier in the end.

How True, it's not for me anyways and the closest equivalent I know of complete in the can from the late 50s or early 60s sold locally for $95.

yeah this fellow hasn't got a clue what he has judging by what he thinks he can get for them.

I sent the seller a couple of links, showing this fuze. Advised it was incomplete and worth a bit less than the asking price. He advised he was told it was a "rare listening device". We'll see what he does with the info and price.

Rick

Looks like an empty plastic nose ogive for a MK 58 or similar type USN VT fuze, circa late 1940s. It was probably made by RCA as part of a demo, or as a souvenir. RCA was very active in the development of proximity fuzes during the latter part of WW II.

I've given up, a long time ago, in trying to police the auction sites like Gunbroker. The usual response is to be ignored or cussed. I don't have time for either.

Ray

Last edited: