What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this?

Hi all, I have seen these for sale around the net and have seen them called BDU cluster bombs and also called anti-personnel mine. My guess is cluster bomb. Positive ID would be greatly appreciated...Dano

Attachments

• 60mm_bouncing_betty_mine_vietnam_us_enert_date_66.jpg
    60mm_bouncing_betty_mine_vietnam_us_enert_date_66.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 48
It is indeed a practice submuntion framentation bomblet. The live one is the BLU-3B (bomb live unit). the practice with smoke charge BDU-27B (bomb dummy unit) and the inert one BDU-28B. They are not used in clusterbombs but in dispencer SUU-7 series and SUU-14 series. The first one contains between 360 and 409 bomblets and the SUU-14 114.
The dispener looks like a rocketpot but the bomblets are dispenst from the rear.

No idea on the lock plate Rick, but you're right as these things are all over the web. I found mine for 20.00us and seen them as high as 80.00us. All i've seen seem to be dated 11-66 so makes me think someone found a warehouse full of 'em...Dano