What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tools are you using?

Sully

Some of these cutways are amazing, wouldn't mind having a go, what tools are you using to cut and Polish to get these results?

Some of these cutways are amazing, wouldn't mind having a go, what tools are you using to cut and Polish to get these results?

For the cutaways i make i use anything from a hacksaw to a milling machine, whatever is best for the job really.

For this section, I had a hacksaw 2 Files and sandpaper and a lot of time and patience.

Attachments

• DSCN0185.jpg
    DSCN0185.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0162.jpg
    DSCN0162.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0058.jpg
    DSCN0058.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 65
Not the reply I was expecting, I was thinking all sorts of macinery. Astounding results given tools used. I've got a couple of no 100/102s might give it a go. Thanks for replys. Also where could i find out where to cut to get nice finish are there any drawing/diagrams available?

Last edited:
Hi, to section this SD 2 and 67 fuze I used:

Hacksaw
Emery paper
Screw driver (to dismantle fuze)
Lot of time

Dave.

SD2 with 67.jpg

To learn how to cut, there is not! Just begin will go wrong !!! Have fun. Harry:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Oh and make sure you lock up the hacksaw, sectioning items can get very addictive........

I haven't sectioned anything too complicated,but but the things I've done look ok I think.
My tools have been,Dremel,worn out 2,now on third.
Hacksaws,needle files,emery clothe,patience.
Tim.