What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where do you all get your cartridges from

peashooter

BOCN Supporter
Can anyone help me with my collection, I am new to small calibre collecting and I was wondering where is best plase to get your collectagles from, I am in a rifle club and the guys have quite a spread of old military rifles and cowboy type rifles ie all the 7.5 x 55, 7.62 x 54R, .303, 7.92/8mm, 38's, 357's,44,45 & a few others so I have access to them & as I have an old 7.62 x 54r mosin nagant, a lever action 44-40 & a .38/357 rolling block rifle which I reload for so I can make up most of these calibre rounds with the different heads if anybody wants any I would love to do swap's.

Do you have a bit on here for people to list spare ammo they might have to swap with other forum members??

Cheers
Rich.:tinysmile_shy_t:

Trades

You can list anything you want to trade under the 'classifieds'. The heading is towards the centre top of the page in white type. Hover and click on it. Best of luck.

BD

SAA collecting

Hi Rich,
When I started collecting SAA many years ago, like you I got most of my specimens from fellow members of my rifle club, who knew of my interest and looked out things for me, but the collection still only grew slowly. Then I was advised to join what is now the European Cartridge Research Association, which I did, and from attending their "swap, sell and buy" meetings found that my collection grew very quickly. Always lots of stuff to acquire, from a few pence each, up to hundreds of pounds if you are really keen! Problem is, now I need a bigger house to keep it all.
Regards,
Roger.

SAA collecting

Whoops, should have added to the previous post that you should be sure to get your FAC ammended to allow you to collect live ammo in any calibre, including all S.5 stuff, up to whatever quantity you think appropriate (but be warned; once the bug bites, you will find that whatever quantity you have asked for, within a short time you will be asking them to increase it).
Roger.

Whoops, should have added to the previous post that you should be sure to get your FAC ammended to allow you to collect live ammo in any calibre, including all S.5 stuff, up to whatever quantity you think appropriate (but be warned; once the bug bites, you will find that whatever quantity you have asked for, within a short time you will be asking them to increase it).
Roger.

Yes I was talking to my FLO the other day and he said I could have s5 ammo for collection only and to hold 1000 live rounds at any time

can you give me some info on the European Cartridge Research Association

cheers
Richard.

Ecra

Hi Richard,

The ECRA website is useful to look at, but as you are in the UK, my own opinion is that you would do best to contact the English Section secretary direct. He is Martin Golland, Chapel House, Deepdale, Barton on Humber, N. Lincs, DN18 6ED. Telephone 01652 633094. Subs are 25 pa.
Hope this helps.
Roger.

Hi Richard,

The ECRA website is useful to look at, but as you are in the UK, my own opinion is that you would do best to contact the English Section secretary direct. He is ************** Subs are 25 pa.
Hope this helps.
Roger.

Not always a good idea to post a persons "private" details on a website for all to see.

Just a thought.