What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the fuze collection is now

Pictured is my collection of WW1 fuzes as it stands now. I have a German HZ14 and 05 (mushroom) coming in on a trade deal, and on another trade deal have a Russian WW1 "chinese hat" and a mystery grab bag WW1 fuze which I will upgrade pic as they come in. Trading is my favorite venue because I get what I want and the guy on the other end gets what he wants and everybody wins! Pic #2 is my wife after "one too many" at a party at a friends house, hobby #2. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
Hobby #1 will be much easyer to maintain than Hobby #2, There will allways be appreciation on your investment in Hobby #1 where as eventually Hobby #2 may well cost your investment in Hobby#1.., Hobby #1 has no issue with you admiring similar items or even adding further items to your collection, you can fondle as many of your friends similar items and hobby #1 will still have no issue nor will your friends and they may even loan you items and you can reciprocate...still no issue, you can upgrade items in hobby #1 if you see a nicer one in better condition, again its not an issue...do that with hobby #2 and you create a S**t Storm for some reason....:xd:

MMM theres evil in that Girl...her eyes are glowing red...

Regards
MG34NZ

the glowing eyes

The red in her eyes are no more than a product of my pile of S#$t camera, I do like time in my trench and fortunately for me my wife is not computer literate. Seriously, she is a totally cool woman and got a kick out of it. I love her more than life itself (hobby #1) and she likes to party a bit. She is wife #3 and I aint gonna let this one get away. It would take some "serious fuzes" to pry her away from me. She thinks my hobby is cool and when we hve days off together we go fishing or antiqueing, which is knick-knacks for her and militaria for me. We have even spent some "quality time" together in trench (quite romantic). She is quite a lady and for some inexplicable reason actually likes me! Have not as yet had to spend the night on the "duckboards" Just for a "quickie". Go figure? Dano

Last edited:
in all fairness

I guess in all fairness i'd better post a better picture of the blushing bride. This is a picture of Teresa and I taken a few weeks ago. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 84
okay 1 more

One more "respectable" pic of Teresa Kelly and another pic of our close friends (partners in crime) Dano

Attachments

• Picture 119.jpg
    Picture 119.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 73
Excellent Dano, its a big help if you like the antiquing together, wife number 3 ? You Brave man...:xd: Good luck to you both, may you grow old disgracefully together..Im trying so hard to train my one....must be working as she was a little put out that I gave an AK a bit of a work out without taking her along as well recently...must be love...

Bit of fun time in the trench?? lol...stop prodding me with that bloody trench club thingey....ohh..its not the trench club thingey...

love

Yeah, It actually took three times to find a real woman who takes me for what I am. I have 3 kids and she 2. They are all grown and all welcome anytime. We've been married 5 years now and the honeymoon is still on! Some guys it takes a few roadtests to find the right match, and all kidding aside she is the one. OOPS almost forgot this is the ordnance forum!! Cheers. Dano

yes it is an Ordanance forum but from experience the most unstable " Ordanance" I have ever owned is the female kind....had my share of "Duds" as well.
Regards
MG34NZ

Hobby trading

RE Trading in hobby #2 items. Are the poeple you traded with still talking to you or are they upset with the "duds" One should always trade hobby #2 objects with people unknown to you just in case they want to return said items Also I have noticed that no matter how much I spend on hobby#1 Hobby#2 still costs more!
Still silently pissing myself at MG34NZ reply started out laughing loudly but my Hobby#2 took an interest and wanted to know what was so funny about "bomb collecting" I told her and she was not amused, I to said it was very sexist and shouldn't be encouraged { the whole time sitting with legs crossed trying to hide the wet patch that may appear each time I think of it} She has moved to other room so safe to type again Holdon she's coming back.

Owwww that hurt

Christ 25thApril you getting your ANZAC brother in the S**t again!!!
That "Shelia" of yours is going to skin me if she ever gets hold of me.

MG34NZ

G'day Yes I don't think I would be a good idea if both of our spouse's were to meet . That good old saying divide and conquor isn't a good old saying for nothing. By the way I don't call her a "shiela " We have pet names for each other I call her Snapdragon {she can rip your head off at anytime and breath fire which is odd since she can also talk under water with a mouth full of marbles} and she of course calls me "God"

Fuzes and wives.

Pictured is my collection of WW1 fuzes as it stands now. I have a German HZ14 and 05 (mushroom) coming in on a trade deal, and on another trade deal have a Russian WW1 "chinese hat" and a mystery grab bag WW1 fuze which I will upgrade pic as they come in. Trading is my favorite venue because I get what I want and the guy on the other end gets what he wants and everybody wins! Pic #2 is my wife after "one too many" at a party at a friends house, hobby #2. Dano

Hello Dano,
Is your wife up for trade as well?
Cheers,
navyman.

not on your life

No navyman, I guess I'm from the old store when it comes to that. I want her all to myself, and she feels same way (well there's a 90% chance she feels that way, but only a 50% chance of that)...Dano

Hz 140

Hello Dano,
I can only send you the pics of the poor condition fuze from Dugup's site as the one which I ordered has been taken off. Good news for me as I know it's definitely on the way. I will send pics of the better one as soon as it arrives.
Cheers,
Guy.

Attachments

• HZ 140 1.jpg
    HZ 140 1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
  • HZ 140 2.jpg
    HZ 140 2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 11
  • HZ 140 3.jpg
    HZ 140 3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 9