What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which bomb fuze is this?

Hey Pete!!! this it a No.38 Mk.I Nose Pistol ,for F 20 lb bomb without parachute and GP 40 lb bomb without parachute Gru Harry

Pete

It's not a No.38 Pistol, but I don't know what it is!!! If you do find out I'd like to know, because I've had one of the same vane caps for years and can't identify it!! It's interesting that it doesn't have any body threads for fitting to the bomb/flare which would tend to preclude a whole range of the normal weapons. Aren't there any markings on the body?

Regards

eodda

The bomb it was attached to was what i know as a Childs bomb, i'm not sure if this the correct term though!

Cheers

Pete

Childs bomb.jpgimage1119.jpgChilds Bomb 02.jpg

Waow !
First one I hear of this bomb ! What's this for a bomb ? It let me think on the US incendiary bombs with his retractable tail, but that the only think that I can think about it !
The fuze is apparently member of the Pistol No 44 serie. But the function of a same pistol is difficult to imagine on a little bomb like that !
What are you thinking of that ?

Yoda

I'm told that the child bomb was a chemical one and tried out at Porton Down.
It never went into service.

Chris