What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Minenwerfer is this?

Photos of my shell 75,8mm Ub, witch sand in center and three fuzes for increase the weight. 4x stamps "Ex" at it.

Attachments

• PC237577.jpg
    PC237577.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 70
  • PC237578.jpg
    PC237578.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 63
  • PC237579.jpg
    PC237579.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 58
  • PC237580.jpg
    PC237580.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 66
  • PC237588.jpg
    PC237588.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 65
This week end, I picked up what I was told was a 77 Artillery round, after looking it over, I concluded that it was a 76 Minenwerfer round witha 77 case attached (nowm not only do I need to find a 77 projectile, I need to find a Minenwerfer, this hobby is getting expensive). It has a normal LWM Zdr.2. fuse, but inside there is a cannister to contain a smoke charge and a very small message capsel in the end of the cannister. Is this a message round?
BEst
Gus
PHhood023.jpg

This week end, I picked up what I was told was a 77 Artillery round, after looking it over, I concluded that it was a 76 Minenwerfer round witha 77 case attached (nowm not only do I need to find a 77 projectile, I need to find a Minenwerfer, this hobby is getting expensive). It has a normal LWM Zdr.2. fuse, but inside there is a cannister to contain a smoke charge and a very small message capsel in the end of the cannister. Is this a message round?
BEst
Gus
PHhood023.jpg
Good start to a great projectile Gusterson........Dano

Hi
No rare rond
It's practice bomb minen filled with sand and sometimes paper and little steel pieces
Sometimes the head is fitted with zinc plug or ebonit plug in place of the fuze

To me it does not look like good condition, it is just a good restored one. In Post No. 18 you can see the white filler used to fill the rust holes (the color is new). Whit a lathe, some filler and color it is a quick work to get it looking "new" ;-)

ahh, ok :) Thought you mean the b-Mine, because others praise it so much what I not understood...

I have a round exactly like the one shown by Gustaf. From what I have seen on this thread, it appears to be a message round with a message compartment and smoke filling in the center cylinder. Is this correct? Pat