What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Shoots

Charlie

Staff member
Premium Member
Just wondered if everyone on here were just collectors or if anyone else shot, if so what?

C.

I shoot as well. Since the laws here became more prohibitive most of my stuff stays in the weapons locker. I shoot my Turkish 8mm Vickers, Inglis Bren Mk. 1M, #4T sniper, C#7 .22lr, Mosin Nagant Sniper, Garand, Browning BAR, PPSH-41, K98, C96 Broomhandle, Inglis Browning Hi-Power, Webleys Mk VI and IV, Colt 1911's, PTRS, and PTRD.

Just to name a few....

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

Shoot .177 Air rifle in the field target role.
Pre-charged air from Divers bottle=about 90 shots at 11.4 Foot Pounds-very accurate rifle-only let down by the idiot trying to aim with it ! :eek:hmy:

Also use air Pistol on club range.:)

I do a bit of clay shooting as well as informal shooting with a .303 on the farm where I shoot clays.

MissingSomething, You call your laws "prohibitive", you should see ours in the UK. Apparently there are more guns per person in Canada than the USA.

I used to shoot a bit of pistol...never hit much but had fun. 222 rifle for foxes on a friends farm. But mostly out there at dawn with my air rifle getting some bunnys for tea, bonus is it's a organic farmers land and he pays my for my trouble with veg a complete supper.

Weasel.

I shoot mosin nagant rifles ,380/200 smith n wesson and webley n scott revolvers,brens No4's AK47's UZI's and even a PTRD and PTRS once but never again.
My mate deactivates weapons and when they get a load in some times several thousand rounds come with the deal these have to have the heads removed gunpowder disposed of and cases heads separated all by hand ,if a very good condition weapon comes in thats judged safe to fire sometimes we have a blast in the semi underground shooting range that he has on site and its easier to deactivate the cartridges heads on end of the range cases the other and no gunpowder to dispose of ,have not shot anything for a long time though since the laws have tightend up.

One of my favorite hobbies, No. 4 Mk. 1, No. 5 Mk. 1. Mas 49/56, Garand, .22's, Inglis HP, and anything else I can lay my hands on.

Shooting

For over 30 years i shot .22 pistol and 9MM Lugers,and Star pistols down at Bisley, I served 2 years with the Territorial army , teaching recruits to strip SLR ,SMG and browning hi power pistols , as well as Radio operating .
I also lived in mid Wales where i shot daily 12 bore shotguns.
It all came to an end when TB became PM and we were all classed as cowboys , now its only the criminals who have guns and the murder by firearms has gone through the roof.
I did not bother to renew my FAC after i sold the shotgun and had to hand in the pistols .
A very bitter law abiding sensible shooter

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't shoot now, but I've fired SLR, SA80, GPMG, SMG, 9mm Browning HP, 84mm, 66mm and I once pressed the tit on a demo charge to blow up a ton of out of date AT mines :) That one was FUN with a big grin

I took up target shooting on an informal basis a few years ago - I started off with a Pattern 14 actioned transitional target rifle in 7.62 m/m x 51 NATO...very accurate with its rear mounted Parker Hale peep sight but I made up my own mount and fitted a telescopic sight which enables me to get the bulls at 500 yards - even with surplus ammo!

My other rifle is a Swedish Model 1896 light Infantry Rifle in 6.5m/m x 55. No surplus ammo for this so its a case of reloading to feed this rifle. I got fair results with the iron sights but once again I have made up a mount for a telescopic sight and its now fitted in place - its getting its first try out this Saturday - wish me luck!

Shooting history

I have owned and shot Lugars, P-38s, M1911A1, Garands, carbines, AR15s, and even once an MP44. I getting to the age where I just don't make it to the range very often, so I shoot a lot less. Doesn't mean I can't lust after these beauties!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Just like the women, I can still dream!:tinysmile_cry_t3:

Love to shoot and collect old firearms, luckily in the UK you can still keep the old historic stuff and get some rounds down range.
32738758223_70e6e3afd8_h.jpg

I envy you with the machine guns. My state, California , does not allow possession of them but other states allow with
federal registration and permit.

I have a half mile range and I shoot mostly 50BMG from my suppressed Barrett Model 99 and Barrett M82A1 with BORS. Sometimes, I'll bring out something else. I have Several FAL types, a Lot of AK and AR types. I shoot wild hogs at night with night vison on a Mossberg.338 Lapua, Remington Model 700 .338 Win Mag or a .308 Ruger Gunsite Scout. All of which is suppressed. I shoot pigeons when they fly out of my barns with a Remington 1100 12 ga or a DDS 12. I also have a FN FS2000 that I shoot once in a while for the cool factor. I have a lot of rifles and hand guns, but I rarely shoot them.

Love to shoot and collect old firearms, luckily in the UK you can still keep the old historic stuff and get some rounds down range.

Am I right that the historic pistols have to be stored securely at Bisley if you want to shoot them?