What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter wonderland

gothica7

Premium Member
Hi all,

its a winter wonderland here in East Sussex, 10 inches of snow fell last night, havnt seen the like since Jan 1987. Damned cold too, whats this all about, global warming???

Off out to have fun in the 4x4 soon.

Happy Christmas to you all.:tinysmile_classes_t

Snow time

Merry christmas and happy newyear to all !!

Attachments

• Honest John.JPG
    Honest John.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 72
Pinner has about 5 inches of snow , but has stopped flights out of Luton airport also London City is closed , London heathrow is restricted, Gatwick is operating with delays
WELCOME TO SNOW BOUND ENGLAND , We NEVER GET IT RIGHT

I hope it's all gone next Saterday in England. Going to my brother in law for a couple of days he lives near Bath,
and about the weather in Holland, 15 cm of snow and expexting more.
Tonight 15 degrees below zero.
So skating in the week-end

Chris

Hi all,

its a winter wonderland here in East Sussex, 10 inches of snow fell last night, havnt seen the like since Jan 1987. Damned cold too, whats this all about, global warming???

Off out to have fun in the 4x4 soon.

Happy Christmas to you all.:tinysmile_classes_t

The next batch of snow promised for scotland and the midlands over the weekend is supposed to be called Thunder snow which is exactly what is says.

Cant wait for that one:frown:

Hi chris

I don't live very far from bath we havnt got snow down here yet mate so I wouldn't be to worried about it yet as you can fly to Bristol airport then travel by car to bath as it's not far away but now I have said that we will get snowed in haha

From bazooka chris

Bah humbug!

Have been feeling lucky of late, no snow just cold.
God gave us a gift that just keeps on giving last night. Two feet of the stuff! Just spent 6 hours clearing snow to get the car out. Dreaming of a white Christmas? i could kill Bing Crosby...

Merry Christmas all!
God Jul alle sammen!

T42

Attachments

• 20122009956.jpg
    20122009956.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 40
God gave us a gift that just keeps on giving last night. Two feet of the stuff! Just spent 6 hours clearing snow to get the car out. Dreaming of a white Christmas? i could kill Bing Crosby...

Merry Christmas all!
God Jul alle sammen!

T42

Great post!,i also have got to work until Christmas eve. :(

best

waff

Merry Christmas all!
God Jul alle sammen!

T42

The funny thing is over here in the UK loads of people panic when we hear there's going to be snow and when there's a few centimetres some even think they need to start going home from work!
6 hours clearing it, fair play, that's a good effort.
Dave.

I'm an ex Scot so i remember what it was like back home but it's not much better over here with a couple of inches!
Think two feet is way over the score for "scattered snow showers"
Can anybody tell me where this global warming is happening? Might consider moving...

All the best
T42

Snow ?? what is snow

Just spent the weekend in the swimming pool 31 degrees C over here !! Now I will be in the UK in july could you please have all that snow gone by then please :tinysmile_classes_t

Just spent the weekend in the swimming pool 31 degrees C over here !! Now I will be in the UK in july could you please have all that snow gone by then please :tinysmile_classes_t

Lord Byron, the poet of a few years back once said that the English Winter ended in July and began in August so cant promise there wont be any snow.
I have come across frost at 2am creeping around the undergrowth in Thetford in August on clear nights in years past so anythings possible.
31C, hell, its -5 outside my backdoor at the moment.

Andy:tinysmile_angry_t:

Well here in Wisconsin we have 14 inches of snow and cold too, we did get up to 19 degrees F yesterday.

Merry Christmas to all.
Stay warm Waff, take a bottle of schnapps

Its damned well doing it again, another 5 ins last night and been doing it all day here in E Sussex. Also making the Sky TV play up, no signal being recd despite me trying to knock it off with a stick.
So much for global warming.

Andy

While I was back in the US we took a week and 4 of us went to Washington DC to the National Archive for 5 days of research. We got one day's work in, then the storm hit. We got 22 inches in 14 hours. Partway through the storm it paused and I sent my son out to the car to start it and clear things off, you can see how thrilled he was.

They closed the Archive for the next 3 days while we sat in hotel rooms. We got one more days research, loaded up and went home with our tails between our legs. Not the best timing.

Attachments

• DSCN1403.jpg
    DSCN1403.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 25
Well glorious East Kent is basking in the hazy sun today and we only had about 1/2 an inch of snow but more may be on the way tonight. Unlike Andy I don't have a 4X4 but my parafin powered unicycle will get me about nicely.

John

Well glorious East Kent is basking in the hazy sun today and we only had about 1/2 an inch of snow but more may be on the way tonight. Unlike Andy I don't have a 4X4 but my parafin powered unicycle will get me about nicely.

John

Whisky powered would be much nicer John.
Absolutety tipping it down now, complete whiteout. Not sippin whisky but something similar.

Andy

was a nightnmare for me yesterday,Normally takes me 2 hours to get to work (90 miles) after 2.5 hours i managed to almost get into work it was just in sight when i got a phone call telling me we were getting stood down cos of the weather.so i promptly set off back home .
whoo hoo early finish .
How wrong could i be.
The snow storms must have been just behind me when i was coming,going back it took me SIX hours to get home...wasnt impressed at all

Attachments

• P050110_09.20 - Copy.jpg
    P050110_09.20 - Copy.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 20