What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter wonderland

another day off work :xd:

regards lee

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 20
Whisky powered would be much nicer John.
Absolutety tipping it down now, complete whiteout. Not sippin whisky but something similar.

Andy

I'm off Alcohol for a month, but I'm not starting on the parafin...

John

Here in Ohio...

Here in Ohio especially the north eastern part, you can get Lake effect snow off of Lake Erie. We usually end up with one big storm from now until Februrary. Usually 12+ inches if not more.

Once when I was in Junior High school, we had the worst storm of the century. Snow flakes were the size of a small camera( at least 4" in diameter). Visibility was down to absolute zero. For four days NOTHING moved at all. People had to stay in their vehicles for 4 days on the Highways. This is when everybody got together and helped each other. Home owners on the sides of major highways opened their homes to as many as they could hold. This was truely wonderful for everybody to pull together. Shortly after the snow had come we were in a Blizzard condition for the rest of the four days. Temps went down to -20 F.

The most unfortunate circumstances were also on the highways and that was that 13 people froze to death while waiting in their vehicles for rescue.

Hi Mark,
been lots of people stranded here, all over the South East of England, not a common occurance for us but so far no casualties from what i hear from the news.Still snowing like mad though, but not in the quantities you are used to.
By the way, got another dog, not planned in any way but she is a 4 month old Cairn, called her Evie and a bundle of fun, sure taking my mind of the other two. Many thanks for your kind thoughts.

Andy

Andy,

Good for you on your selection of another best friend. My mom has one that is only 10 weeks old and she is definately a lap dog alright. It is amazing how they start out with just a little hair and by 10 weeks later they are definately looking like a Carin. Good job!

Mark

Hi Mark,

By the way, got another dog, not planned in any way but she is a 4 month old Cairn, called her Evie and a bundle of fun.

Andy

Great news Andy. Hope the snow is thawing your way. We had 8 inches from Friday night to Saturday midday but it has thawed a little here.

John

melting snow

Its nearly all gone in the centre of Nottingham.
Temp about 2,so its all melting.
Its all slushy and orible.

My 5yr old daughter isnt happy about that at all!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Hi John,

a slight thaw has set in, we had close on 12 ins of the ruddy stuff but i reccon it will take a while to go. Need a really warm spell and i dont think we will get that for a while.

Things are being chewed, ripped and dragged away here plus 'little' mistakes being left around the house but i suppose its all part of growing up. All the usual disruption, lets hope it dosnt last too long.

Andy