What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would anyone have a safety pin for a US standard 60mm mortar round?

Kilroy

Howdy all,
As most of you would know, the infantryman's friend, the 60mm mortar, which everybody in an airborne unit is allegedly issued one round of to supply the mortar team once on the ground, comes with a very cheap but effective wire safety pin that sort of wraps itself around the fuse & fits into the fuse to keep it safe in transit. I know there are millions of these things discarded all over Gods getting greener earth, but cannot find one!! I am in the States, but i would be willing to bet five shillings a half ounce twisted piece of wire would be able to make it past customs if one were to come from UK or elsewhere in NATO. It's possible too that someone in the service knows where all the discarded wire safety pins are dumped after the mortar ranges are cleaned up! If anybody has one they don't need, I have a very clean 60 that is complete in everything but the filler and the wire safety pin. Can we do some negotiating?
Thanks
Kilroy

I may have one, but what model of bomb do you have? They’ve been producing these since WW2 with a variety of fuzes.