What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW 1 8cm Flak projectile.

cyclops

I recently acquired a shell case for the WW 1 German 8 cm. Flak. I can't find much information about the gun or it's ammunition. Does anyone out there have any info' especially details of projectiles and fuzes. I'm led to believe that the projectiles are in fact 77 mm in diameter. The neck of the case was distorted where the shell had been removed. Any information appreciated.

I recently acquired a shell case for the WW 1 German 8 cm. Flak. I can't find much information about the gun or it's ammunition. Does anyone out there have any info' especially details of projectiles and fuzes. I'm led to believe that the projectiles are in fact 77 mm in diameter. The neck of the case was distorted where the shell had been removed. Any information appreciated.
Is this any help,
cheers Andy

Attachments

• 8cm shell (2).png
    8cm shell (2).png
    327.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 8cm shell.png
    8cm shell.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 64
Is this any help,
cheers Andy
Hi, Thanks Andy that's a great help, however the shell/gun you quote is an L38 but when I look up the case size it quotes L45. Your picture of the case shows no neck whereas mine has a distinct neck which I believe is original. The listing for the case also quotes a shell diameter of 77mm. Talk about confusing. I'll have to research a bit more. Thanks again Mick

I have a Pdf file that shows the neck see pic, I have one as well with a neck like that
Andy

Attachments

• 8cm.png
    8cm.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 42
Hi

Caliber : 80 mm , not 77 mm. The shell is very difficult to find , and the fuze much more difficult ....

---

Hi

Caliber : 80 mm , not 77 mm. The shell is very difficult to find , and the fuze much more difficult ....

---
Thanks for the info'. I had removed the distortion at the case mouth and it came out over 77mm so that sounds right. Do you know what the fuze number is and is it a streamlined shell/ Thanks, Mick

Thanks for the info'. I had removed the distortion at the case mouth and it came out over 77mm so that sounds right. Do you know what the fuze number is and is it a streamlined shell/ Thanks, Mick
Andysarmoury has shown the shell . The fuze is a "S/29" .

--