What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 12.7 mm HE Proj

waffenamt

I shall get some more pics of this when camera sorted and i return to Micks.

I will also show the experimental 17pdr soon too.

best
waff

Attachments

• S7004015.jpg
    S7004015.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
12.7mm

Can we have a picture of just the 12.7mm please, and also details of the headstamp.

Thanks
TonyE

Of course Tony,I will have to go back to Mick`s later in the week with a fully charged camera.

best

waff

great shells waff you dont see much of the big stuff cut it makes a nice change

regards lee

cheers lee,

It ended up a 180 degree cut as my mate didnt have access to bigger machinery.
Ive ended up with the other half,so when its been cleaned up a bit(it was going to get scrapped!),i will show it

best

waff

12.7mm

Waffenamt my friend, are you misleading me?

Are you talking about the nasty big 12.7 CENTIMETRE shell? Your post was headed 12.7mm!

You know that it's small arms ammo I am interested in and I thought you had a nice HE .50 Browning or Vickers, not one of those overweight door stops!

Cheers,
TonyE

Waffenamt my friend, are you misleading me?

Are you talking about the nasty big 12.7 CENTIMETRE shell? Your post was headed 12.7mm!

You know that it's small arms ammo I am interested in and I thought you had a nice HE .50 Browning or Vickers, not one of those overweight door stops!

Cheers,
TonyE

:xd: Tony!,

Sorry matey,yes indeedy you are correct.
Its that whopper of a proj that was for sale in classifieds.
Apologies old chap for the mistake.

cheers

waff

Chaps,here are few shots of my donored `half` from Micks project.
Its a bit rougher than the one my pal has as this was destined for scrap until i saw it!
I need to smooth down the burrs and polish it somehow??
Also,i will glue the ballistic cap on too.
I really would like a sectioned fuze to go in it and the `hammer` too.(please see wanted forum).

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7004026.jpg
    S7004026.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 38
  • S7004027.jpg
    S7004027.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 27
  • S7004028.jpg
    S7004028.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 31
  • S7004029.jpg
    S7004029.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • S7004031.jpg
    S7004031.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 25
...and here is a close up of the rod stamps.

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7004034.jpg
    S7004034.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 18
Really nice, Waff. If you do a 180 cut you can use the two halfs for do two cut aways? Hey, you are close, very close to the post 3000 :party::party::party:

Last edited:
Hi Miguel,

Luckily for me Mick didnt have the machinery large enough for a different cut,so i have ended up with the scrap bit but im very happy!
Yes,i just realised the same about nearly 3000 posts! maybe i shouldnt spend so much time here! :xd:
best

waff

Last edited: