What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 3.7 cm Flak 18 clip

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Picked this up the other day, wasn't sure exactly what it was at the time, but a little research shows it to be a 6 round clip for the German 3.7cm Flak 18

Does anyone know if this same style of clip was used with the wing mounted 3.7cm guns fitted to the Ju87 Stukas - or was that a different clip altogether? (I have seen pictures of 6 round clips being loaded into the guns but not close enough to see the clip being used)

here are some pictures of the clip I have

regards Kev

P9241040.jpgP9241041.jpgP9241042.jpgP9241043.jpgP9241044.jpgP9241045.jpg

Very nice find Kev,
I have never been lucky enough to find one yet. I think that the clip used is the same, in reply to your question.
Best regards Weasel.

Very nice find Kev,
I have never been lucky enough to find one yet. I think that the clip used is the same, in reply to your question.
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Weasel,
I've never seen one before, though I cant say that I have ever looked for one, and to be honest had no idea what it was for before doing a little searching online.

Certainly the clip in the photos I have seen in relation to the Ju87 cannon looks to be the same overall size but I wasnt certain if it was exactly the same, as I have no idea of the loading system for these (something I need to look into a little more)

regards Kev