What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 german 5cm FLaK proj.

waffenamt

A Malvern 'bring in' for a deal by a good pal in here. ;)

Its in a relic condition but not often seen im told?

5cm FLaK proj(fired) with transit cap.
There are a few remains of markings on the body including waff stamps(hard to see on comp screen) and makers marks.
Ive used talcum powder to try and bring the marks up for the pictures.

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006053_renamed_1298.jpg
    S7006053_renamed_1298.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 62
  • S7006056_renamed_30741.jpg
    S7006056_renamed_30741.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 70
  • S7006057.jpg
    S7006057.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 55
  • S7006059_renamed_17624.jpg
    S7006059_renamed_17624.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 51
  • S7006060.jpg
    S7006060.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 41
This particular round.

I saw some photos of some shells dug up on the French battlefields somewhere that had their plugs still in place. The website said "must have been fired in a hurry as transit plugs are still in place". I can't remember where I saw that.

On second thoughts, is that a transit plug at all or somebody's replica fuze they have made?

In fact it's not a transit cap but dummy fuze for shooting an inert training round. A couple of years back I was digging with a pal at Rechlin/Germany and found a few bitumen tar filled 5 cm Flak shells with such dummy fuzes.

In fact it's not a transit cap but dummy fuze for shooting an inert training round. A couple of years back I was digging with a pal at Rechlin/Germany and found a few bitumen tar filled 5 cm Flak shells with such dummy fuzes.

Good info T.
Thank you. :)

The fuze does have 'Ersst' or similar stamped on it.

best

waff

Correct Waff,
That's for training shooting purposes. In fact Germans used transit caps mostly only for transport between ammo factories and filling laboratories. In general all ammo supplied from laboratories to front was ready for use with a real fuze screwed on ( in many other countries the live fuze was assembled first at shooting position ) .

Again,thank you old pa for the info. :)

Rightyho,showertime and offski out for a pint or two tonight.
Ive got to go and sort the guy a few beers as he is going to chrome those bofors cases in the other thread. ;)

best

waff

Paul, you owe me a beer, (or two), for all the items Im showing you for teach your mind about... :beer:

Attachments

• Gr Practice Fuzes 1.jpg
    Gr Practice Fuzes 1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Gr Practice Fuzes 2.jpg
    Gr Practice Fuzes 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Gr Practice Fuzes 3.jpg
    Gr Practice Fuzes 3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Gr Practice Fuzes 4.jpg
    Gr Practice Fuzes 4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 17
No prob Mig,when im a little straighter with the finances then i may come over and sort you out a few beers. :)
Thanks for posting the pics,its appreciated and that goes for all you lads that do help me out.

best

waff

A Malvern 'bring in' for a deal by a good pal in here. ;)

Its in a relic condition but not often seen im told?

5cm FLaK proj(fired) with transit cap.
There are a few remains of markings on the body including waff stamps(hard to see on comp screen) and makers marks.
Ive used talcum powder to try and bring the marks up for the pictures.

best

waff

Glad you like it Waff, here's a better photo of the stamping on the other side, a couple of waff stamps hiding there (under the talc perhaps:wink:)
Dave.

Attachments

• 5cm flak 41 003.jpg
    5cm flak 41 003.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15