What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German Bomb line up photo

BMG50

Premium Member
Trying to find a picture i saw a while ago of all the German Bombs used on the UK, they were all lined up against a fence, might have been a Home Guard picture. Anyone seen it.

I Know the picture you mean, i was looking for it recently as well. I thought it was Plymouth BD but i am not having any luck finding it.
Best Weasel

Unfortunately not, it was a bomb line up against a wooden fence, i think one guy standing there and the bombs were quite clear. The bombs were standing upright.

Ok, I know the picture I think there was a shed or door to the left hand side of the picture. I will have a look and see If I can find it.
Best Weasel

The photo looked like it was taken out in a park with a fence propping the bombs up, not sure about the shed but thanks for looking.

This is a famous photo of an RE officer with the increasing sizes of Luftwaffe bombs: it is a still from a UXB training film. Eric Wakeling said it was taken at the RE BD school in Ripon, Yorkshire. However, it's also been ID'ed as at the Richmond BD cemetery, London. If I find it, I'll post it here.

To be honest i haven't seen a good line up of German bombs from 50 to 1800kg only the photo of two women standing next to five bombs one which is a 2500 kg. They look like mock ups not the original casing. I thought there would be some good photo material on the web, i was also looking for a decent line up of German AP air dropped bombs.

Attachments

• 659185AD-9D59-4267-84EE-BDB46E764E74.jpeg
    659185AD-9D59-4267-84EE-BDB46E764E74.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 48
Poor copy of bombs in Richmond Park (I think) original in RE Museum.RE Library 005.jpg

Here's one photo i found nice shot

Attachments

• German lineup.jpg
    German lineup.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 43