What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German fire hose nozzle with SS Markings

Falcon

I picked this item up at a car boot sale.

I presume it is a fire hose nozzle.

Notice the SS Markings in the 2nd photo.

Can anyone tell me anything more about it? WW2 German militaria is not my collecting field.

I would be interested in a translation of the markings.

Thanks for any replies.

fire_hose_1.jpgfire_hose_2.jpg

Here you are:
upper line: Albach and Co. Frankfurt on Main-Hoechst (thats the manufacturer)
lower line: Licensed by the inspectorate of the Reichsfuehrer SS and chief of the german police in the Reichsministry of interior under No......
Greetings,
Bellifortis.
I picked this item up at a car boot sale.

I presume it is a fire hose nozzle.

Notice the SS Markings in the 2nd photo.

Can anyone tell me anything more about it? WW2 German militaria is not my collecting field.

I would be interested in a translation of the markings.

Thanks for any replies.

View attachment 124102View attachment 124103

I do not know for shure, but it most probably is a fire-hose-nozzle that used to be installed in many big government buildings, for emergency fire-fighting use.
Bellifortis.

Thanks for the replies.

So was this likely to be installed on a wall-mounted fire hose reel?

From the translation of the markings, was the WW2 era German fire service part of the police force?

Yes, I suppose this to be from a wallmounted installation. As far as I know, the fire-fighting-service had nothing to do with the police. I suppose, that the SS, having taken control of the police already, also got into the licensing buisiness. There was and still is money to be made with this.
Bellifortis.