What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 Soviet RGD-38 Hand Grenade

Kilroy was Here

Early WW2 Soviet RGD-33 Grenade

Hi, here are pics of a new addition to collection. It is a fairly scarce grenade, the old style RGD-33. It is on right compared to a "standard" RGD-33. The handle and head are not maker marked, unlike like every RGD33 I have seen.
Does anyone else have an unmarked RGD-33?
Enjoy the pics.
Happy New Year to everyone, I hope it's a good one for all.

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

Attachments

• P1020039.jpg
    P1020039.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 74
  • P1020040.jpg
    P1020040.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P1020042.jpg
    P1020042.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 77
  • P1020043.jpg
    P1020043.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 73
  • P1020038.jpg
    P1020038.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
A Few more Pics

A Few more Pics

Attachments

• P1020044.jpg
    P1020044.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 31
  • P1020046.jpg
    P1020046.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020047.jpg
    P1020047.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020048.jpg
    P1020048.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 49
It kinda makes me sad that I sold mine. But nice pictures of those RDG-33's Kilroy.

Hi Steve, Great pictures and a great grenade. Through both world wars the Russians certainly had some most interesting grenades. One could make one hell of a collection of Russian grenades only. The Russians certainbly used a plethora of different designs. Myself I am partial to the m1912 lantern grenade then there was a similar WW1 design with more of a canister head, but I am a WW1 guy but have been dabbling into WW2 as of late. Again Steve, beautiful grenade and thanks for sharing...Dano

Last edited:
Hi Steve, Great pictures and a great grenade. Through both world wars the Russians certainly had some most interesting grenades. One could make one hell of a collection of Russian grenades only. The Russians certainbly used a plethora of different designs. Myself I am partial to the m1912 lantern grenade then there was a similar WW1 design with more of a canister head, but I am a WW1 guy but have been dabbling into WW2 as of late. Again Steve, beautiful grenade and thanks for sharing...Dano

Hi Dano, thanks, I like taking pics.

This is what I have been doing for a while now. I am putting together an extensive collection of WW2 Soviet Red Army grenades. (as many variants as I find) I also have about every other countries grenades, that were involved in the war....but I really am interested in Russian WWII grenades. It is difficult sometimes to find them, and then the wait for them to get here safely, and in my hands and collection. HeHeHe! It is an addiction.

Regards, Steve

interesting

Steve, You have really peaked my interest. Would it be possible to see a picture or two of your Russian WWII grenades together. I would certianly enjoy seeing a pic of them together...Dano

Steve, You have really peaked my interest. Would it be possible to see a picture or two of your Russian WWII grenades together. I would certianly enjoy seeing a pic of them together...Dano

Hi Dano, sure, yes I will get some group photos of my Russian WW2 grenades. I need to take good pics of all of my grenades too, not only the Russian ones.

Soon!!

I hope you do not get addicted also on the Russian stuff!

Regards, Steve
"Dr. Ruby"

Congratulations Steve on a very rare grenade.
But with a handle you're out of luck. This handle come from RGD-33.
RGU-38 use another type handle. Since this grenade is very rare, you will be hard to find the "right" handle for RGU-38.

RGU-38: experimental sample on the basis of RGD-33 grenade did not went into series production
RGU-39: improvement of the pilot sample grenade RGU-38 did not went into series production

Attachments

• RGU-38.jpg
    RGU-38.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 54
  • RGU-39.jpg
    RGU-39.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 54
  • RGD-33.jpg
    RGD-33.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Congratulations Steve on a very rare grenade.
But with a handle you're out of luck. This handle come from RGD-33.
RGU-38 use another type handle. Since this grenade is very rare, you will be hard to find the "right" handle for RGU-38.

RGU-38: experimental sample on the basis of RGD-33 grenade did not went into series production
RGU-39: improvement of the pilot sample grenade RGU-38 did not went into series production

Hi Hootch, sorry I missed your reply. Thank you for this information, this is very good. It is an early RGD-33 then, not RGU-38. I have seen the pics you show before, but never a real RGU-38.
If they never went into production this is why you do not see them for collectors.

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: You are becoming a very good grenade collector, Steve, I will have to send you my boys for a little visit... :damnmate::nerd:

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: You are becoming a very good grenade collector, Steve, I will have to send you my boys for a little visit... :damnmate::nerd:

Thank's Miguel, this is really a nice compliment coming from "Grenademan" Eye will watch for another for you........
Looking...Looking.....always looking..............Me too

Please tell me more bout your "boys" and this "visit"
You are either serious, or this a Spanish joke I do not understand...... :wink:

Regards, Esteban

Attachments

• EYE 1.jpg
    EYE 1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
  • Freud.jpg
    Freud.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 3
Hey:
The boys will visit you is like when a "capo" send a few of his men for "a friendly visit" to another capo.

HaHa! this is funny Miguel, I see now, you really do have a sense of humor, not always serious. I thought maybe you will send you son's here go to Disneyworld.

Ahhh......the Capos....here are my "boys" they are waiting for visit from the family...one of my boys happens to be a "Gold Capo" :D

Regards, Esteban :smokin:

Attachments

• PA280012.jpg
    PA280012.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
  • GoldCapo.jpg
    GoldCapo.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14
wow ,Steve you have a really big gun ;) it looka like a Colt 1911 after tuning :) You collecting weapons too ? Or have some for intruders? heheh

Then I will go myself for do the job... Also, "my gun" is bigger than yours....

Attachments

• Zumbao 2.jpg
    Zumbao 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 18
wow ,Steve you have a really big gun ;) it looka like a Colt 1911 after tuning :) You collecting weapons too ? Or have some for intruders? heheh

Heheh...you have a good eye Tomek, yes, it is old Colt Gold Cup, and finely "tuned" as you say, and has many personal modifications. this one can be used for intruders and cappo's, and for shooting fun.
I also do gunsmithing, and I did the custom work on this Colt. It has shot many more than 10,000 rounds. I have redone the outside finish on it a few years back, so it looks new, but the pistol is over 30 years old.

I also collect WW2 guns a very long time. Grenades are fairly new to me......less than 2 years. You like guns also? Here is pic of some of my collection. There is a Polish 9mm Radom on the right near the top. Polish Radom is a great pistol, one of my favorites. I 'll send you more photos of WW2 guns to your email if you want to see more. :nerd:

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• P1290002.jpg
    P1290002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
  • rocco#3.jpg
    rocco#3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
Hey:
The boys will visit you is like when a "capo" send a few of his men for "a friendly visit" to another capo.

:D If you are coming here yourself...... you will have to be shipped surface with all that stuff. (nice CETME Miguel)

It's not how "BIG" your gun is.....it's how you use it, and also your brain.