What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWI German casing question

mdot633

Gents,

Was there a German WWI casing of the following size: 150x114? I'm trying to determine if a certain shell was cut down or not.

Thanks

Yes the 15cm sFH13 has a case that size (149x114R) seperate loading so the case mouth will be larger than 149mm. Also used in 15cm StuH43 and KwK44. Rim diameter 169mm.

The 15cm sIG33 had a similar case ranging in length from 113 to 119mm. However some sources give this case a 166mm rim diameter. Someone out there can confirm this, or not!

Although both the sIG33 and sFH have the number 6303 (WW2 dated cases), they do have different rim diameter.

sFH13: 170 mm
sIG33: 166,5 mm

I have both cases in my collection so I have verified these rim diameters.

In addition, these cases are found WW1 dated and Dutch made post WW1. Those cases are for the sFH13.

the case which was asked for, was first introduced for the 15 cm s.F.H.02 (and later of course used for the s.F.H.13).