What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII German Chemical

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Here are a couple more historical pictures. I've included a shot of what the KC 250's inside the crates would have looked like - hopefully with less dents. As per the markings, crate designation and photo id, fill material was mustard with a small burster for droplet formation.

Attachments

• 31a.jpg
    31a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 31-1a.jpg
    31-1a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 31d.jpg
    31d.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 31-1d.jpg
    31-1d.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 84
  • G7-33.jpg
    G7-33.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 105
I don't know what you are using with your "converter" but most flatbed scanners now come with a slide and negative scanning capability, many with very good specs. For them there is an adapter included (frame). You can place your negatives or slides in the frame, then place the frame on the glass. On the inside of the lid of the scanner is a cover that must be removed, there is a light in there that acts like a slide show for the scanner. From your softwear scanner you then select "positive image" (for slides) and B&W or color.

I use both a flatbed and a Nikon slide scanner, but the Nikon is a bit pricey if you are just doing a few. Keep your resolution over 4000 pixels per inch and you should have good results, you will have to re-size the image later.

Thanks for those pics US. :)

Regarding that KC,i have a good pal who has a mint 26 fuze for one.
Its an early version that actually has 'KC250' stamped on it.
Lucky guy!:tinysmile_cry_t4:

best

waff

Tthe first photo in the set is fantastic!!!! All the Heers Atmers piled on the shelves made me drool. I have a Heers Atmer complete with transit case in my collection. This is a first seeing them stored in this manner.
Thanks for sharing.