What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII T80E6 VT fuze

Pascal

Ordnance approved
Hello

I'm looking for a datasheet (or any informations) about this T80E6 VT fuze.

thanks,
Pascal

Attachments

• BOCN (1).JPG
    BOCN (1).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 99
  • BOCN.JPG
    BOCN.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 121
Very nice, you don't often see the stamped ones. Most of my early ones were just ink stencils. Afraid I've got no tech data available at the moment though...

hello

Another fuze, with same marking.

Pictures 2 and 3 shooted in Turckheim(Fr) museum. A museum specialized in WWII Colmar battle.

Attachments

• bocn.JPG
    bocn.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 88
  • turckheim (1).JPG
    turckheim (1).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 133
  • turckheim.JPG
    turckheim.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 94
T80e6

Hello Pascal,
can the T80E6 have another designation as a T number, perhaps a M number like VT Fuze T226 = M513 ?

Yoda

Since the Fuze has a T designation (experimental/test) it was a first issue, and due to the date (1944), probably one of the very first variations. Proximity fuze information during WWII was highly classified, as the U.S. didn't want enemies or the Russians to know about them. So, there wasn't a lot of printed material available, even then.

Hello Pascal,

THANKS for sharing your interesting museum photographs of the very early T80E6 VT fuze and storage container. It's fascinating that the stenciling on the storage container lists it as a PD (POINT DETONATING) fuze rather then the super secret VT that is actually was.

Best regards,

Randall

T80 E6 VT fuze

This fuze was used for 75mm/90mm/105mm gun/how. projectiles, used in surface role. Average height of burst above ground: 8-18 meters (dependent on angle of trajectory and surface (ground) conditions!
Produced until August 1945: approx. 7 millions pieces.
There was no "M" nomenclature for any proximity fuze during WWII issued.
The only existing nomenclatures were "MK" (Navy) and "T" designations.
Mrfuze, USA

Two T series fuzes

Two more T series fuzes.
A T97 and T98 fuzes. On the only list I have these are listed as bomb fuzes. The fuze numbers are stamped with no painted numbers. Any information on these fuzes would be appreciated.

Attachments

• T97 VT Fuze.jpg
    T97 VT Fuze.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 55
  • T97 VT Fuze 2.jpg
    T97 VT Fuze 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 60
  • T98 VT Fuze.jpg
    T98 VT Fuze.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 48
  • T98 VT Fuze 2.jpg
    T98 VT Fuze 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 72
The T97 fuze is for use in the ground role only.
It can be distinguished from the AA fuze by having a truncated nose.
Ink. Stamps on it 25H 95H.

The T98 fuze is the standard AA fuze with a contour modelled on that of the british No 208 mechanical time fuze.
it has a mean time to self destruction of about 13 seconds and a minimum safe Q.E. of 30 degrees.

T97-M.98
T98-M.94

I hope this helps a little

Last edited:
T series VT fuzes.

Thanks Madbomber31. The list added that it used an adapter. I could not understand its function in a bomb as it needs setback and spin to function the battery. Google lists can be very unreliable!! Has anyone a reliable list of these early VT fuzes?