What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM28 Bagged Agent Dispenser

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Does anyone have an image of the XM28 Bagged Agent Dispenser?

This was a aluminum container carried under the UH-1 series helicopter used in Vietnam.

It had 19 compartments each containing 110 paper bags filled with CS2. Each compartment had an electronically operated trapdoor for delivering the agent.

Cheers

Pete

Anybody?

I can find lots of information about this item, but no pictures?

Pete

Pete,
I am trying hard to find the answer for that one. You sparked an interest in me, so that I too want to learn about that beast. So I am going to look for it and when I find it I too will let you know.

Not sure if one of these are what you are looking for, but they were both CS muntions (one from the gravel mine concept), neither made it very far.CS Gravel mine.jpgNonHaz Air Strike Munition CS_Page_1.jpgNonHaz Air Strike Munition CS_Page_2.jpg

Finally after a couple of weeks going through every manual, museum, hard drive and source of information available, i have a picture of the XM28 Bagged agent dispenser.

The reference is "Chemical Corps Training Information Pamphlets", US Army CC & S, Fort McClellan, Alabama

XM28 info.jpgXM28 Bagged Agent Dispenser.jpg

youhave the same problem I do, trying to catalog or develop a database that allows you to figure out were the XM-ABC item is filed.

nice find, now to get a pick of the "brown bag" itself

That's the next task, but time is running out, i need to have the document completed in a couple of weeks!!

This is probably too late for your project but here's another photo I found by accident today while searching for something else. Hope it helps.

Rick

Scan10383.jpg

Pete,

It came from the April, 1970 edition of FM 3-2, Tactical Employment of Riot Control Agent CS. It covers a bit of everything from hand grenades, 40mm cartridges, mechanical dispensers, bombs, mortars, and artillery ammo. A pretty good little reference for a 30 page manual that was found at a gun show for $1.