What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You just never know what turns up!!!

Dronic69

Premium Member
Hi All,

Never ceases to amaze me what turns up - I guess that's why we all love collecting ......:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

At the Sydney Arms Fair yesterday, I picked up this Japanese Type 15 tail bomb fuse + storage container - missing just the 2 safety locking pins and the lid of the container......this was the last one of EIGHT :sad: that the guy had (a gunsmith) - seems that someone just walk into his shop with a box full of them for sale......

Yes folks the stuff is still around, just "waiting" to be found!!!
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3232.jpg
    DSCN3232.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 100
Hi Kz,

The Seller "thinks" that they were all of the same type.....seems he came across these (wait for it!) back in the 1970s!!!! and has slowly been selling them off over the years.
Actually he thought he sold them all but found this last one just prior to last w/end Arms Fair.

There another one (different type) which I purchased late last year which came from the Brisbane Gun Show....mickey mouse stuff - complete with tin (& the lid!). I thought this may have been one, but the Seller doesn't attend the Brisbane Show - perhaps another interstate dealer obtained it from him originally???

Thinking more about this, I reckon that another Type 15 Tail Bomb fuse that I purchased back in the late 1980s in Melbourne may have been one of them (I'll post pics tonight)....and there has been a number of them turn up at auctions over the years, although not all had the containers form memory
Cheers
Drew...

Ho Hum, Pity that I have been "inert" for the past 12 years...

Here's a couple more pics....

From L > R:

1) From the Brisbane show last year - Year 12 type Tail fuse
2) From a Melbourne Dealer back in the late 80's - Type 15 Tail Bomb fuse
(The gaine was picked up at another Sydney Gun Show a couple of years later)

Also I checked my "records" and another Type 15 was sold via auction in 2004

Enjoy!
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3240.jpg
    DSCN3240.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN3241.jpg
    DSCN3241.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN3242.jpg
    DSCN3242.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN3244.jpg
    DSCN3244.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN3245.jpg
    DSCN3245.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 20

Hello to Australia! I have a question: how are the prices for Japanese bomb fuzes with you??? Greeting from Germany!!! Harry

Hi Harry,

Like everything else fuses in general are getting harder to find now, especially in the condition as shown above in my photos (complete with the shipping container) dealers are asking up to a couple hundred bucks each (you can "haggle" them down a bit though, especially if business has been slow at the gun show)!
Now with the recent stupid Australian Customs Importation restrictions, dealers are increasing the their prices....unless of course you want to sectionize it (find someone to do it and even then your item cost just sky-rocketed) and even with a Police import permit, it is still up to those Customs Idiots if they will allow it in!!!!

Interesting fact:
This type of import restriction was also applied to semi-automatic rifle parts (when Semis were legal to own and shoot -
{I miss my M14} :tinysmile_cry_t3:), the prices of AR-15/16 went through the roof (the preferred heavy barrel A2 cost increased from $2K > $6K)

Cheers
Drew

BTW - but then you never know what turns up and for how much - the Type 15 fuse gaine that I bought separately cost $20 at a Gun Show - rarer than hens teeth in that condition....but then who collects fuses!!! :wink: