What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yugo AP mines

al'saad

Ordnance approved
in order of appearance: PROM-1, PMR-2, PMA-1, PMA-3

Attachments

• prom1.jpg
    prom1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 137
  • pmr2.jpg
    pmr2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 116
  • pma1.jpg
    pma1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 115
  • pma3.jpg
    pma3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 124
What is the most difficult to deal with when you encounter these.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the PROM is the most dangerous, since it is bounding and is supposd to kill out to 75 meters.

I'm thinking the PROM is the most dangerous, since it is bounding and is supposd to kill out to 75 meters.

i heard of case where fragment from exploding PROM hit a medic in demining team from 90 meters.
PROM caused more than half fatalities among deminers in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It also has a very sensitive trigger. Last fatal accident occurred when deminer pulled a branch which activated PROM that was 3 meters away.

bosnian EOD standard allows demolition in situ as only RSP for this mine.

They are not mines more dangerous of another. They kill or injuried all.

The most dangerous in a mine is not the mine herself but his function mechanism wich can be different in use. Also the situation of finding.

Yoda

Attachments

• Pma2-01.jpg
    Pma2-01.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Pma2-03.jpg
    Pma2-03.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Pma2-04.jpg
    Pma2-04.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Pma2-07.jpg
    Pma2-07.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 76
i heard of case where fragment from exploding PROM hit a medic in demining team from 90 meters.
PROM caused more than half fatalities among deminers in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It also has a very sensitive trigger. Last fatal accident occurred when deminer pulled a branch which activated PROM that was 3 meters away.

bosnian EOD standard allows demolition in situ as only RSP for this mine.

The demolition in situ is alltime the best RSP for all UXO.

Yoda

yap, but those few situations make all the difference, don't you think?

They are not mines more dangerous of another. They kill or injuried all.

The most dangerous in a mine is not the mine herself but his function mechanism wich can be different in use. Also the situation of finding.

Yoda

on pics is PMA-2, isn't it? what happened to the fuse?

AP Mines

Indeed, the destruction in situ is the best solution, IF acceptable by the situation of course.

The fuzes of the PMA 2 were smolted by a field burn. The "stars" were completely burned.
We founded 5 mines. 4 were relatively in good state, apart the star of the fuze. One mine was 1/4 smolted, explosive also, but detonator live.
That gave a good destruction in situ !!!

Yoda