What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yugo UTMD-1 mine fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Here is the Yugo UTMD-1 / its a MV-5 copy. It is a little taller in measurements, although this could be in manufacturing tolerances.

X-ray and Image

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_9030.jpg
    DSC_9030.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 53
  • SubjID 10515 90D.jpg
    SubjID 10515 90D.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 50
I always thought that that design was really neat in its construction and function. I was always wondering when I saw one, if it would work outdoors in the Russian winter though. Joe how many pounds of pressure needed on this one to work?

And MV-5K (from plastic) needs 10-20 kilograms too. MV-5M needs 12 kg and more. MV-5M inredibly rare model fuze, I found information about it only in one old book :)

Ivan,

Do you have any pictures of the MV-5M? I have nothing on that version.

When I get time I will post pictures of the Albanain model of the MV-5 fuze I have.

Joe

The black plastic ones were popular in East Germany for some time. Any idea who made these?

here is an X-ray of the MV-5K. I don't have the item anymore so I can't post the pictures of it. But I had the X-ray on a disk.

Joe

Attachments

• 26033 0D.jpg
    26033 0D.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 29
here is an X-ray of the MV-5K. I don't have the item anymore so I can't post the pictures of it. But I had the X-ray on a disk.
Joe

Hm. or it another version MV-5K or it isn`t MV-5K. I don`t think, that it MV-5k - very big differents in body on your X-ray and on picture from my book.

Interesting ... might be from another country. When we have these plastic fuzes with no markings, they get difficult to ID.

Joe

Interesting ... might be from another country. When we have these plastic fuzes with no markings, they get difficult to ID.
Joe

I really sure on 90%, that it isn`t MV-5K. You have my picture from book (I`m going to add it here now) and they` aren`t simillar. Maybe was something in Yougoslavia, but I haven`t heard about plastic MV-5 in Yougoslavia.
MV-5K.jpg
Sorry, I won`t add MV-5M, because I need it for my book (I need and MV-5K, but for uor dialog I added it). Maybe some time later.

Last edited:

Joe

This one looks much like the black plastic ones which surfaced in East Germany after the GDR fell.

WOW ... yeah ... kind of different. Just a little ...

I will see what I can dig up from the guy who has it.

Joe