What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

british ww1 shell yellow

For color comparison here is my original unfired HE shell. Any yes, it is empty. In fact I just recently picked up the two fuses shown in order to complete it. The transit/storage plug came with the shell.

Attachments

• Picture 155a.jpg
    Picture 155a.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 164a.jpg
    Picture 164a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
wot a beauty!

thanks for sharing this with us all,nice shades!

Re-using this topic to ask for the colorschemes, drawings and info about the 60pdr chemical (phosgene) projectile.

Thanks ;-)

for a quick job I've used from the local car acsessory shop the yellow spray primer, but dont spray it too well or as stated it looks too good to be true. You can spray into a small can and use a brush in the liquid caught but be quick and dont go over any bit just done or it will lift it and leave a mess.

Hi 2 Pounder,
Is this the filler primer. I have used it as well but don't have an original shell to compare it to. It looks good to me though.
Cheers
Gary