What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

34x 239 Flab Kan 38

Thank you very much Tony. With the file you've send me and some very little traces of paint left. I have
determined it (about 90% possibility) as an 34mm Bl-G.m.L. Blind-Geschoss mit Leuchtspur.

Thank you Big Al, for those documents.

Now all I have to do, is to find an empty cartridge to put this round on when I go
to Switserland next summer.

When I succeed (then or at an other time) I will post a pic of the completed round.

Till then y' all. ^^

Almost 6 months later,... I know it's not really summer. But I'm not quite certain that I'll go to Switserland
this summer and I'm less certain to find such a cartridge so now is my question, has anyone a spare one that
he/she can ship to Belgium? Feel free to send me an PM ;-)

Chris

The projectile you show is a converted HE projectile into a TP-T. After WWII Switzerland had big amounts of AA ammunition left, so many of the 20 and 34mm were converted to TP ammo.

Regards
Martin

DSC_0630.jpg
WP_20140527_001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice collection, Martin!

I have three of the 34mm, a TP like the ones on the right of your pic, and two AP (with and without ballistic cap) as shown just left of centre.

An extract from a book on Swiss cannon and ammo which I have shows the standard 34mm ammo types, but omits the shorter AP without the ballistic cap. Did this not see much use?

Hello Tony

Of course it is difficult to say from which type they produced more. Up to know we still find a lot of 34mm up in the mountains where they used to do their live training. Both AP projectiles with and without ballistic cap we find in them in the same numbers.