What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 Magnetic Mine switch

Just found this on You tube.........

regards Kev

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3kT05wfHhM[/ame]

Some more pics......

I want to add some more pics of the complete unit with the battery compartment, the microfone and the arming delay clock and other small additional parts.
enjoy
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• _DSC0737.jpg
    _DSC0737.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 109
  • _DSC0738.jpg
    _DSC0738.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 112
  • _DSC0742.jpg
    _DSC0742.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 122
Some more pics......
I want to add some more pics of the complete unit with the battery compartment, the microfone and the arming delay clock and other small additional parts.
enjoy
Mrfuze, USA

Very nice pictures Mrfuze !!!
You have a very nice unit in your collection!!
Is the microphone for an acoustic version??

regards Kev

magneetic influence device

Hi Kev,
yes it is for the acoustic assembly of it
Mrfuze, USA

Hello!
Here you are pics of another
magnetic compass fuze switch.
It is for a German WW2 air dropped LMB Mine. Complete with cardanic mount that fits into the bottom ring of the mine. After the mine has been dropped from plane into the sea it sunk on the ground. There it armed itself by starting a delay clock thru water pressure. After the clockwork had reached the end the mine was armed. Now this compass unit began to work when a large iron object came near. There is the reason for the cardanic mount: Regardless of the position the mine was laying on the ground, the compass unit stayed in hozizontal position and was fairly relialble in detecting ships on the surface. Another evil gimmick made this fuze quite effective: There was a counter that counted the number of ships coming across the mine and at a preset number the counter gave his "OK" to let the mine detonate. This was made to make sure that not one of the dummy ships that where sent in front of the convoi to clear mines, caused the detonation, but a ship in the middle of the convoi. All parts a movable and in pretty nice condition. No dangerous items inside, only electric and mechanic devices. Checked by EOD personnel. Extremly rare item. Diameter is about 30cm, lenght about 26cm. Weight approx 11 kg.

I offer this within classifieds, pls look there for more pics if interested!

Cheers
ille

Attachments

• gyro_compass_lmb_7.jpg
    gyro_compass_lmb_7.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 55
  • gyro_compass_lmb_1.jpg
    gyro_compass_lmb_1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 60
The Book is 281 pages long and original, if you want to borrow it send me a email,,,,,,, Dave