What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bad markings on grenade body.

The whole idea of marking ordnance is for easy identification so the markings should always be clear and legible.

Hope you didn't remove the yellow marking on the lever with the large arrows that's genuine.

...Also does anyone know what font was used for stencilling? I have tried to match it with ones on my PC but cant find the same style.
Cheers
Gary

don't know name of font but colour for stencilling is specified as 'Golden Yellow' in regs (body colour is given as 'Deep Bronze Green').

All the colours used by the military and used for munitions etc come under the BS381C colour code, golden yellow I believe is one.

heres my L2A2 that i repainted after a lot of experimenting with rubber stamps. the typeface is ariel and the colours are golden yellow and bronze green
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• L2A2.jpg
    L2A2.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 38