What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills grenade box project

Dummy dets in situ

Gren-box11.jpg

Many thanks Gentlemen. I always fancied a B P badge Andy, that and a "Crackerjack " pencil but sadly it wasn't to be :sad:

Paul, the eggs for the basket are in the pipeline !

Regards

Christoff

EDIT

I almost forgot the base plug key was made by a friend of mine from a plastic bucket metel handle .

007-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, what colour would a 1944 mills bomb box have been? Would it have been service brown or green or would they have been a specific colour depending on what was inside them.

Thanks for that Gary, would a 1944 box have the same markings as the one shown? Also, is the rope one piece that goes all the way the centre of the box? Sorry for all the questions.

The blue one at the beginning of the thread. It's hard to see how the rope goes around the box and I was wondering if the markings were the same. I'm thinking of getting a set from tommyspackfillers but I don't want to get them if they're the wrong ones.

The blue one at the beginning of the thread. It's hard to see how the rope goes around the box and I was wondering if the markings were the same. I'm thinking of getting a set from tommyspackfillers but I don't want to get them if they're the wrong ones.

Sorry 13th Bn, forgot this thread had 3 pages!

No, is the answer. The basic design is the same but 2nd war boxes are made of thinner material. My box has sash chord stapled around so that it forms a central carrying handle, secured with fencing staples. I'm sure this has all been covered in a previous post if you have time to look. The markings are totally different.