What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"V-35" for ZOF-49 120 mm mortar

Those 120mm rifled mortar versions I had seen were HE, HERA, HEAT and TP (HE shape).

120 mm ammunition for Russian mortar howitzers 2SP NONA.
Shell ZOF49 for mortar bomb 120 mm ZVOF-54
120 mm ZVOF-54.jpg
Shell ZOF50 for mortar bomb 120 mm ZVOF-55
120 mm ZVOF-55.jpg
Shell ZBK19 for mortar bomb 120 mm ZVBK-14

120 mm ZVBK-14.jpg

Though it seems there are variations in the projectiles for the 2A70:
As far as i know there are three types of HE cartridges for the 2A70. Your picture shows the 3UOF19 with 3OF70 projectile

Last edited:
No, not the fuze. Ivashkin asked if i know when the OF-32 was issued. If we had the fuze the inner construction wouldn't be a question anymore.

interesting I asked a friend of mine if he could check some pubs to get me alittle more info, he says the US EODPs still list both the round and fuze as secret (maybe becasue of source of info) I didn't push the subject.

No, not the fuze. Ivashkin asked if i know when the OF-32 was issued. If we had the fuze the inner construction wouldn't be a question anymore.

Ok, since the projectile might have been developed initially for the upgraded D-10 ammunition the 1985 for the projectile is no indication for the 2A70 ammo then. We need to observe more 2A70 cases and loading data to see what will be the earliest - or just find the manual...

interesting I asked a friend of mine if he could check some pubs to get me alittle more info, he says the US EODPs still list both the round and fuze as secret (maybe becasue of source of info) I didn't push the subject.
Am I right, that in USA told you some projectiles and fuzes for Soviet arms secret still now in USA? :bigsmile:

Alot of the military EOD manuals still list many ordnance items as classifeid. most of time it is becasue of the rendersafe procedure, but in this case (as I understand it) both the projectile and fuze were had only ID data sheet. It may be becasue the source of information at the time made them classified, and it may be that they just haven't gotten around to declassifing them. Since I don't have access to the manual used I don't have a formal answer.

To my understanding all is secret that had not been obtained through open sources. So everything that was obtained by intel sources remains classified in order to not expose sources and procedures. Also to my knowledge the declassification is usually done very soon. We must have people here who can say a lot more. Anyone?