What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOCN Guess what it is

sg500 has the rock right but pzgr40 the ammunition, .50 slap tracer, after a hard decision
icon10.png
it goes over to DJ

Attachments

• Cartridge .50 SLAP tracer cutaway (2).jpg
    Cartridge .50 SLAP tracer cutaway (2).jpg
    210 KB · Views: 46
100% correct. Well done.
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 03 - HB-876 mine folded and employed with parachutes.JPG
    03 - HB-876 mine folded and employed with parachutes.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 39
And now for something completely different. The round thing.

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 49
It's that mine the rebels place on the door of that shield generator thing, on the ewok planet.... Yup final answer

A magnetic hollow charge demolition mine,(clamp on to target,retire to safe distance and pull lanyard)oh well!just a wild guess,

I'm going to say beihan62 is close enough. I haven't ever seen official ID on these, but I was told they are CIA or OSS. They are painted the same flat black as the CIA antidisturbance mines. I have two sizes. The one I posted is the larger of the two. They are Limpet shape charge holding tubes, with an internal packaged shape charge that can be located at what ever distance the user wants to set them from the target, within the tube. The lanyard is used to pull the shaped charge out of the tube for priming. The top caps are a flexible rubber. The smaller shaped charge has the bottom cut with a curve so it can sit on a pipe-like shape.

Photos copyright HAZORD 2014.

Attachments

• Group Shot.jpg
    Group Shot.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
  • group 2.jpg
    group 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Bottom 2.jpg
    Bottom 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
  • shaped charges 2.jpg
    shaped charges 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Top 2.jpg
    Top 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Shaped Charges.jpg
    Shaped Charges.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I am not sure if it is up to me to post next object for identification,would someone else care to step in here and post a pic of their object as I am not pc competant enough to post pics,
Many thanks,
Don,

I am not sure if it is up to me to post next object for identification,would someone else care to step in here and post a pic of their object as I am not pc competant enough to post pics,
Many thanks,
Don,

Thanks Don.
Just to kick start the thread again, try this one.
Dave.

IMG_7095.jpg