What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nuclear Projectiles

Look at the markings on teh fuze section, it is typical plastic cast traces with bubbles and the driving band looks like steel.

well if it it a cast/fake model of the M 454 it is the best I have ever seen. The gold colored version of this round had the same marking you are talking about on the fuze. These rounds got handled pretty rough sometimes. They were used for practice loading and inital fuze setting, etc. Also for placement of the shaped charge for rending it unuseable, that would have been where what looks like a hole in the projo body is at.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I am new and thought I would add to the conversation ......

The photos are of a real M455 practice round (the real round was an M454) and as weberoed said they took a beating. Here are some photos of the same practice fuze.....

XM555-1.jpgXM555-2.jpgXM555-3.jpg

The fuze is relatively heavy at six and a half pounds and has the same profile as the real fuze but no internal components.

Last edited:
DSCF2459.jpgDSCF2461.jpgDSCF2467.jpgDSCF2469.jpgDSCF2473.jpgDSCF2475.jpgDSCF2750.jpgDSCF2755.jpgDSCF2760.jpgThe M 422 parts, supposedly from a seller but I can not confitm that. have been trying to remember how this projo was put together - the fuze for it was shown on an earlier thread. But there has never been any pictures of the 2 nuclear components.

weberoed, I can confirm it's from a seller but I haven't been able to contact him for about a month. I'll try to update here if I get a hold of him.