What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on cutaway

Nice round, interesting design to, havent seen one like that before. I guess if the round is big enough using shotgun pellets would work. I will keep that in mind if I try any bigger ones.

For the big artillery rounds I use wood pellets made for a pellet stove. Spray painted black, they look realistic and have close to the same volume. There are also several types of animal food (dog, rabbit, horse, etc) that come in pellet form.

For the intermediate artillery rounds I have found something that looks great. Each spring I clean my rain gutters and they always have the small grains of material that wash down from my asphalt shingles each winter. It's black or gray colored. I wash it in a bucket of water, pouring off the fine dirt, and winnowing the grains. Looks great, but it could be mistaken for real gunpowder, if the local gendarmes frown on that sort of thing.

Ray

Last edited: