What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40/60 Bofor HELP with details please.

Incidentally it was a WW2 era 2 pdr anti-tank cartridge case stamped "RM/L" that I posted on BOCN and was subsequently identified as made by Richard M. Lord.
Graeme

Any chance of the monogram being RH/L? Ruston & Hornsby of Lincoln made cartridge cases in WWII. (The convention in monograms tends to be that solidus followed by a letter designates a location, be it a city or country.)

Tom.

Any chance of the monogram being RH/L? Ruston & Hornsby of Lincoln made cartridge cases in WWII. (The convention in monograms tends to be that solidus followed by a letter designates a location, be it a city or country.)

Tom.

That makes sense. I'll check - but may take some time to locate!

JES is no trace, LG - Landis & Gyr Ltd.

Tony,
Does Labbett give any explanation as to why the bases were threaded?

TimG

Hi Tim,
no he doesn't although he states that they are threaded bases....I would think it is so they can replace the bases which wear after being used for drill purposes ie continual ejection ect rather like the Swiss manufactured 20mm.

Tony