What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 X 138B Finnish headstamp

Orita

- I have a Finnish made 20X138B brass shell case which I think it was fired by the 20mm Lahti Mod.39 anti-tank rifle. My picture showing the impressed headstamp markings for this 20X138B shell case manufactured in Finland will be posted below by "dano1917". Starting clockwise from the 11 o'clock position, the headstamp markings are: "circle with 2 crossed arrows" (acceptance mark), "20/40" (caliber - 20mm and shell case model - 1940), "T" (maker's mark, Tikkakoski arsenal), "41" (two digit date of manufacture, year 1941) and "E4" (delivery lot). Note that a small oval mark overlaps the number "2" from the "20/40" stamp [my photo is clear enough to see this]. The head of this 20X138B shell case has a diameter of 26.9mm [1.059-inch]. Around the 1 o'clock position there is a very deep mark left by the ejector and around the 6/7 o'clock position the rim was deformed by the extractor during the extraction and ejection process. Orita 07/16/09