What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Subcalibers

EODGUY

I'm curious! I have posted a photo of several 20mm subcaliber cartridges both Swiss and Belgian. Can someone tell me what systems they are for? Also, does anyone have other variations of similar rounds? I don't mean the current DAG-type long aluminum ones, the 14.5mm German subcalibers, the older Davy Crockett rounds or any small arms size types, just ones with cases of this type.

PHOTO (l-r): M+FA 73 20mm UG 57 35 headstamp. Blue paper
case, bakelite body.
MPA 64 20mm headstamp. Electric primer.
M+FA 77 20mm UG 50 15 headstamp. Red paper case,
OD plastic body, black rubber tip.
Unheadstamped. Electric primer.
Unheadstamped.
Unheadstamped.
The long cartridge on the bottom is unheadstamped and has an electric primer. Ink stamped on the case is "TP-T 20/90 LOT 1-MCR-90". There is another line that I cannot make out.

M+FA = Eidgenossiche Munitionsfabrik, Altdorf, Switzerland.
MPA = Mecar, S.A. Belgium
MCR = Mecar, S.A., Nivelles, Belgium

Bob

Attachments

• 20mm subcalibers 2.jpg
    20mm subcalibers 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 188
Nice items.

Would the fourth round from the left be a spotting round for the "Strella 13" ??
Lovely items EODGUY

The long projectile does look like a Marquardt, but it is not. The rounds in the link you posted are mine also so I have a direct comparison.
I'm not sure about the SA-13 subcaliber round. I have a gut feeling the subcaliber round I have is Belgian. I was not aware there was a subcaliber round for the SA-13 and if there is I am not sure how it would be used. The SA-13 is a surface to air missile with a range that would far exceed any subcaliber round of this size I would think. I spend most of my life being confused though so this just adds to it.

There was a post about someone needing an ID on the long one on the bottom. Let me see if I can find the thread but like you said EOD, it is not a marquart, and is a spotting round.