What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 170X1050R EGZ

Mathias

Hi,

Does somebody knows where EGZ stands for on this German 170X1050R cartridge case?
This one is stamped for the Kaiserliche Marine. Another 170X1050R case I have, also made by Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe, is stamped for the army (APR 1918) and doesn't has EGZ on it.

Thanks,
Mathias

Attachments

• 170x1050R.jpg
    170x1050R.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 129
Hi There,

First off all i do not hope that someone sold it to you and stated that EGZ meant Eisenbahngeschutz (followed by a big price). Your case is stamped with the marine abnamhe stamps. EGZ means that the case has been controled before the refilling of the case ( the two dots will tell you that it is refilled twice, sometimes with year near to it). EGZ is also seen on smaller calibers like 5 cm (i have never heard of a 5 cm (E) kanone.........

Best regards

DM

Thanks for the info DM!
I bought the case for a good price I think, 90. (I wasn't told EGZ stands for Eisenbahngeschutz.)

Mathias