What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 37 X 263B headstamp

Orita

- My picture from below ["dano1917" will post it for me] shows the nice headstamp markings for a German made 37X263B belted brass shell case with the head diameter of 47mm [1.850-inch]. => Starting at the 12 o'clock position and going clockwise the headstamp markings are: "31" (lot number), "1938" (year of shell case manufacture), "WaA21" (Waffenamt number, acceptance stamp), "6348*" (case identification number with an "asterisk" which probably is related to the shell case head thickness) and "P152" (manufacturer's number code). Both markings "P152" and "WaA21" reveal the manufacturer: "Wurttembergische Metallwarenfabrik Geislingen-Steige" (who later used the code "awt"). => The fired "C/13n.A." percussion primer screw with 3-wrench holes is marke as follows: "147/37." (lot number and year of manufacture - 1937), "Rh.S." (Rheinmetall-Borsig A.-G., Sommerda plant, Sommerda) and "327.C/13n.A." (model number and type of primer in which "n.A." mark represents "neuer Art" or "new model"). ---> The German 37X263B round was fired by the anti-aircraft 3.7 cm FlaK [various models] and by the "Bordkanone", an aircraft gun used for ground attack. Orita 07/10/09

need a pic

Just email me a picture my friend and I will gladly take care of it..Dano ..But if while writing your post before you submit it, you can wheel down to "manage attachments" click on that and it will take you into the browse and upload deal, piece of cake.

- @ dano1917: I sent you my photo and I also explained you why I cannot post my own pictures. With my simple "WebTV" (ISP) I only can search the internet, post lines on some forums and send or receive e-mails and I cannot do anything else [download, etc.] Orita 07/11/09

picture

I see what you mean Liviu, no problem, will do anytime. Killer headstamp..Dano

Attachments

• German%201938[1].jpg
    German%201938[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 78