What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german navy marked 5cm

munfrosch

Premium Member
Id a for me unknown variant of a 5cm shell. Maybe from 5cm Flak but ONLY navy markings on it! Smaller and shorter tracer plug and no WaA eagles like normal. Did the german navy also have such trials?

Markings: bvu 41, 2 very big navy eagles M II/10 and one normal/small navy eagle

any ideas?

IMG_8382.JPGIMG_8383.JPGIMG_8384.jpgIMG_8386.JPGIMG_8388.JPGIMG_8389.jpgIMG_8390.JPG5cm1.jpg

yes i know but all pics from 5cm aa shells wich id seen have waa eagles. ok this shell is a little bit different, lets see

The acceptanc stamps are bound to each inspector. To which service he belonged to did not matter at all. All inspectors were movable amongst factories if needed. That includes replacement of other inspectors on sick leave or leave for any other reason.
So all service markings can be found on any ammunition as it did not matter.

Its claer but my question is not the stamps i hope anybody can id it. or nobody seen it before?

It was only a thought if the navy had sucht trials to ;-) And any id from this shell would be help.

Some people mean it is an 5cm MK 214 trial other say from 5cm Flak 41, thats wy I try to find out more.