What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

italian 15kg Bombamina (SAP bomb)

al'saad

Ordnance approved
New item in my collection...

Attachments

• sap15_it.jpg
    sap15_it.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 66
Looks more like the 15kg chemical bomb. They had a couple of versions, annular (HE core with a thin layer of DA/DC surrounding it) or one that is just phosgene filled. I would suggest careful confirmation of identification before destruction. Italian chemical munitions have been found in Slovenia, it is possible. You can see a picture of the annular design in the Museum photos thread, from a week or two ago. I have a rough phosgene bomb in the collection, I'll see if I have a photo at work, otherwise tonight. One of the annular bombs was also found (live) in Austria about five years ago.

Here are the pictures of the annular bomb from the other thread.

ICE-sb-124-3.JPGICE-sb-124-11.JPG

Agreed it looks like the chemical (CW) version. The only thing this one appears to be missing is the band on the rear of the body that holds the tail on, but that may just be the corrosion and photograph.
The length and diameter look to be spot on for the CW model.

An X-ray will tell you. Either a liquid fill or the annular design as per US-Subs pictures.

Pete

the bomb was amatol filled. RSP is done after examination and at present empty jacket makes new item in my collection.
thanks everyone for tips and advices.

Hello,

According to my documentation, Chemical Bomba 15C and HE Bomba 15M have the same body.

Regards.

Chemical 15C :

15C.jpg15C2.jpg15C3.jpg

HE 15M :

15m.jpg15mm.jpgSans titre.jpg

Last edited: