What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Type 93 (1933) 150mm Projectile

JCB99

Japanese Type 93 150mm HE Projectile with Type 90 fuze.

This is the largest Japanese projectile I own. It's one of my best pieces of ordnance. It's difficult to find Japanese Projectiles larger than 75mm/76.2mm. This has original paint shown with the correct type 90 fuze. The adapter ring is missing. This uses a 48 inch case in the Type 45, Type 7, and Type 90 150mm guns. The design is unremarkable and definitely copied from western projectiles. Check Japanese Explosive Ordnance TM 9-1985-5 page 363. The length of the Projo is 22 inches and weighs 71 pounds (32.2 Kg) empty. The markings are: Showa 15, 10 Osaka. meaning: Showa 1940, October, Osaka arsenal. There are two additional markings that mean "High grade steel". The condition is simply beautiful!

Jim (USA)
Always looking for good Inert Japanese ordnance!
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Attachments

• DSCF0412.jpg
    DSCF0412.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0413.jpg
    DSCF0413.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0407.jpg
    DSCF0407.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0409.jpg
    DSCF0409.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0408.jpg
    DSCF0408.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi JCB99 that's a really nice projectile, never seen one of those before and excellent condition.
Thanks for showing it.
Dave.

Cheers

Cheers Jim what a cracking condition shell,dont think i will find one for my case in a hurry! Nice to see what one looks like,Tony.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Japanese 150mm

MANY THANKS FOR SHOWING US YOUR 150MM. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO ADQUIRE IT AND ESPECIALLY IN SUCH GOOD CONDITION.

I WILL HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN PUT THE WORD OUT FOR SOME WHEN WE ARE IN BOUGAINVILLE THIS DECEMBER/JANUARY. LAST TIME WE WERE THERE MY WIFES GRANDMOTHER WAS USING A 150MM TYPE 38 HOWITZER SHELL CASING AS A POT OVER AN OPEN FIRE. SHE HAD A HANDLE ATTACHED TO THE TOP MADE FROM SOME WIRE.

CHEERS,
BOUGAINVILLE :tinysmile_shy_t: