What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile ID

khanmak

Chaps - I am having trouble ID'ing this. Its a 40mm projectile. Base fuzed. Photos attached. In 1st pic is a Pom Pom round for comparison. Driving band configuration looks French? Ideas?

DSC_0373.jpgDSC_0374.jpg

Mark

It actually measures 40mm not 37mm - I'm not familiar with 37mm - are some of them actually 40mm in calibre? Bit of a daft question I know but am not familiar with these type of rounds

It actually measures 40mm not 37mm - I'm not familiar with 37mm - are some of them actually 40mm in calibre? Bit of a daft question I know but am not familiar with these type of rounds

if your interested in 37mm member Gspragge created some excellent reference photographs in 2010,
you can access them by going through the attached link to a "sticky" thread in projectiles or through the gallery and then into members galleries
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/71788-37mm-by-member-Gspragge

Allan - yes, thanks for me referring Gspragge's excellent gallery.
Falcon - by George I think you are right - it looks exactly like the Spanish round!! How bizarre - no idea how I came across it!
If anybody is interested in a swap for it please LMK. Its not what I collect and therefore surplus. Alternatively, I will be at the Feb ECRA meeting at Bisley if anybody wants to see it.

Falcon - forgot to say thanks for your post
icon14.png
icon7.png